Cryptocurrency is a rapidly expanding industry, and many Indians are investing in it. A crypto wallet is required to store and trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Modern crypto wallets are loaded with features that facilitate cryptocurrency trading. However, with so many options available, selecting one may be challenging.
This article explains everything about crypto wallets, including how they work and India’s top 10 most secure crypto wallets.
What is Crypto Wallet?
A crypto wallet is a piece of software or hardware that keeps your cryptocurrency and lets you send and receive transactions. A crypto wallet comprises two key pairs: private and public keys.
For convenience, private keys are often expressed as a string of alphanumeric characters. It is similar to a bank account, except that it is controlled by a key to which only you have access. Besides, this private key is used to initiate transactions known as “assigning.”
Further, the public key is coupled with the private key to indicate the receipt of cryptocurrency transactions.
How to Set Up a Crypto Wallet?
You must provide your personal information and generate a password when creating a hosted cryptocurrency wallet. Then, you can build a cryptocurrency wallet safely using a two-step verification procedure.
Frequently, non-custody crypto wallets are linked with an app that manages the private key. Without the private key, it is impossible to access your cryptos.
Besides, you must obtain the software from the official website to set up a crypto wallet hardware.
How Do Crypto Wallets Work?
Crypto wallets are available as both software and hardware. Both of these crypto wallet formats provide secure access to your cryptocurrency.
Moreover, a crypto wallet does not store bitcoin but the public and private key information necessary to conduct crypto transactions. Coins are stored on a blockchain. It is a digital record that simplifies the operation of many decentralized cryptocurrencies.
What is a Blockchain Wallet?
A blockchain wallet is a cryptocurrency wallet that enables the storage and management of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies. It streamlines transactions and secures them with cryptographic signatures. You may securely access your Bitcoin wallet from any online device. In addition, a blockchain wallet secures the transmission of funds.
Types of Bitcoin Wallets
India’s most popular top crypto wallets include desktop wallets, hardware wallets, web wallets, and mobile wallets.
On the servers of web-based bitcoin wallets, your private keys are stored. Best Cryptocurrency exchanges that offer accounts or wallets are web wallets that store bitcoins on their servers. The web wallets are accessible via the internet and housed on third parties’ servers. As a result, the company that operates the servers and exchanges may shut them down or gain access to your private keys, which is unsafe.
Desktop wallets save your private keys on the local computer’s hard drive. These wallets are safer than mobile and online wallets. You can only lose if someone compromises your laptop while it is linked to the internet.
Bitcoin mobile wallets are apps that can be downloaded from Google Play and the Apple App Store. App wallets help make smaller bitcoin payments and purchase daily products. In addition, it offers the same level of protection as your mobile device.
Hardware wallets are physical devices commonly known as “cold wallets” or “cold storage wallets.” They have a similar appearance to a USB stick. For example, this Crypto wallet saves your private key to manage your cryptocurrency on the blockchain.
Because they are not linked to the internet, hardware wallets are one of the safest ways to keep cryptocurrency. A hacker halfway over the world cannot access your encryption without this device.
10 Best CryptoCurrency Wallet Apps in India
Here is the best crypto wallets list
1. Coinbase Bitcoin Wallet
The Coinbase Wallet secures your bitcoins, digital collectibles, and other digital valuables. In addition, the wallet supports many currencies and is fully insured, which is uncommon in the bitcoin industry.
Furthermore, it allows you to store your funds in a secure location, and two-factor verification ensures that only authorized users can access your account.
Coinbase Bitcoin Wallet Features
- The user interface is visually appealing and intuitive.
- Coinbase has developed a reputation as a trustworthy cryptocurrency exchange.
- It rewards users with cryptocurrency for completing training.
- Coinbase is designed for beginners, but Coinbase Pro is intended for more seasoned traders.
- Available via the Web, iOS, and Android.
If we talk about the Best Bitcoin Wallets of 2022, ZenGo Wallet is a mobile, non-custodial wallet for cryptocurrencies. It takes threshold signatures over private keys into account. Besides, this best bitcoin wallet in india generates secret mathematical shares on your mobile device and server.
- It has built a cryptocurrency wallet without a key so that you can select the best solutions. As a result, you can retain financial control without having to remember a multitude of passwords.
- In 188 countries, ZenGo can be used to purchase cryptocurrency.
- Real-time tracking of your investments is possible. To see where you stand, use the ZenGo app.
- Available via the Web, iOS, and Android.
Binance Wallet is among the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges. It provides a secure trading environment for more than 250 cryptocurrencies. In addition, this web wallet’s API allows you to integrate it with your existing trading software.
- It offers both easy and advanced exchange interfaces for crypto exchanges.
- It’s one of the best crypto wallets in India, with support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Binance provides a safe place to keep your digital valuables.
- Available via the web, iOS, and Android.
4. Unocoin Bitcoin Wallet
Unocoin is an India-based bitcoin processor that enables users to purchase, sell, store, and receive bitcoins. It is the most secure location in India for exchanging crypto assets. Besides, the wallet allows for the exchange of several digital assets on a secure network.
Unicoin Bitcoin Wallet Features
- Prioritization of user privacy is a feature of the wallet. Unicoin collects personal information to identify users immediately.
- The majority of user funds store offline in a wallet. You can generate several addresses for offline storage on a machine without internet connectivity.
- Two-factor authentication provides additional security against hacking attempts.
- Transfer your funds to secure wallets if you do not intend to trade frequently.
- Available via the Web, iOS, and Android.
WazirX Multi-Cryptocurrency Wallet is one of India’s top crypto wallets. Since its introduction, it has garnered rapid and tremendous user popularity. Further, it employs two-factor or OTP-based authentication to avoid identity theft and protect transactions.
WazirX wallet Features
- Within a few hours of registration, identity verification systems will undertake KYC.
- It facilitates peer-to-peer trading with no crypto trading costs.
- This digital currency wallet can process millions of transactions in seconds.
- Available on Android, iOS, Google Play, Windows, and Mac.
CoinDCX is regarded as India’s most secure cryptocurrency exchange to democratize cryptocurrency. Further, this best crypto wallet India offers investing and trading solutions for crypto-based financial products to retail, high-net-worth, and enterprise clients.
- Encrypt all of your data to safeguard your passwords and sensitive information.
- The cryptocurrency CoinDCX is decentralized.
- Cryptocurrency trading is straightforward and rapid, with cheap transaction fees.
- It is a secure approach for constructing a cryptocurrency portfolio.
- The majority of our platform’s funds are stored in cold wallets.
- It is a safe & uncomplicated method for constructing a healthy cryptocurrency portfolio.
- Compatible with iOS and Android.
BuyUcoin is among the most popular crypto wallets in India. You may access all your portfolios from one location using Light and Dark Mode. In addition, your cryptocurrency is held in an offline wallet impervious to hacking threats.
Encryption, hashing, and the salting mechanism, which prevents fraud, are a few of BuyU’s most valued features. Moreover, the data of the cryptocurrency exchange is kept, decrypted, and sent using a separate hosting infrastructure.
- You can complete your Know Your Customer requirements in less than one minute and begin trading immediately.
- Invite your friends to earn free Bitcoin with you.
- This free crypto wallet is an affiliate and referral program that pays up to a 50% commission on cryptocurrency trading.
- You can add cryptocurrency or Indian rupees to your digital wallet without difficulty.
- Accessible via the Web, iOS, and Android.
8. Ledger Nano
Are you seeking the best Crypto Wallets for 2022? In India, Ledger is a reputable hardware wallet brand. The Ledger Nano X adds additional capabilities to the Nano S and includes an internal battery, improved asset management, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Ledger Nano Features
- Ledger hardware wallets have a certified secure chip and a specialized operating system.
- This crypto wallet app is easy to use.
- The wallet enables the management of more than 1,800 tokens and cryptocurrencies.
- Both public and private keys are usable.
- A secure microchip with an exclusive operating system.
- Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, and Linux are all supported operating systems.
Next in our list of the best crypto wallet apps is ZebPay. It is a cryptocurrency exchange with an intuitive user interface and extensive trading tools. Bitcoin can be used to make payments. Additionally, this cryptocurrency wallet can also establish trading alerts, trade pairings, and purchase several cryptocurrencies.
- Ensure the highest level of security so that you may confidently trade cryptocurrencies.
- The ZebPay software and wallet are straightforward.
- Use the smartphone app to make payments quickly.
- 98% of ZebPay’s cryptocurrencies are held in cold storage.
- It enables the development of a multi-chain security solution of the highest caliber.
- Its security is a product exclusive to Omnitrixx.
- The coins stored in ZebPay cannot be compromised or accessed from a single location.
- It supports Windows, Android, and iOS.
10. Guarda Wallet
It is a multi-platform, custody-free cryptocurrency wallet with an intuitive UI for storing, managing, purchasing, trading, and staking cryptocurrencies. Guarda currently supports over fifty leading blockchains and tens of thousands of coins.
ALSO SEE: Expense Management Software
Guarda Wallet Features
- It provides mobile, desktop, and web-based wallets.
- Using encryption technology safeguards the privacy of its consumers’ data.
- Due to its multi-signature functionality, it permits two or more people to sign transactions.
- It ensures the highest level of security and safety for wallet transactions.
- In addition, users can tell us the tool to convert currencies and conduct rapid crypto transactions.
- Versions are offered for the Web, Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Chrome Extension.
How can I open a crypto net in India?
The steps required to create a crypto wallet are:
- Install a cryptocurrency wallet app.
- Register for an account
- Store your private key.
- Transfer crypto to a wallet.
- Start exchange.
Is crypto legal in India?
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) & the union government have not given any recognition to cryptocurrencies; therefore, these are not legal in the country.
Which crypto wallet has the cheapest fees?
Binance and Coinbase are among the crypto wallets with the lowest transaction costs.
Binance charges 0.10 percent for spot trades and 4.5 percent for debit card payments. At the same time,s 0.50 percent for exchange and 3.99% for credit card purchases.
Moreover, other Coinbase charges include 1.49 percent for bank account or Coinbase Wallet purchases, $10 for deposits, and25 for withdrawals for wire transfers.
Which wallet has the lowest withdrawal fee?
WazirX and Coinbase are popular crypto wallets with low withdrawal fees. For example, WazirX charges an average cost of 0.2%, while Coinbase might charge up to 0.5%.
What is the safest Crypto Wallet app?
These are a few of the most reliable and secure Bitcoin wallets:
2. Ledger Nano X
What is the best and safest Bitcoin wallet?
Coinbase is one of the most reliable crypto wallets in the world. Trezor and Ledger are two of the most popular hardware crypto wallets. The Robinhood wallet can be used to buy and sell cryptocurrencies for free.
What is the best mobile crypto wallet?
ZenGo, BuyU, and WazirX are among India’s top mobile crypto wallets.
Where should I store my crypto?
Cold storage, often known as offline wallets, is one of the most secure methods of storing bitcoin because it is inaccessible over the internet.
Are bitcoin wallets free?
Using a Bitcoin wallet is free if you intend to store Bitcoin in it. However, depending on what you’re attempting to do, you’ll be charged a price if you want to finish a transaction.