The guide explains you troubleshoot the Logitech G935 Mic Not Working on a PC.
If the mic on your Logitech G935 wireless gaming headset is not working, you may efficiently resolve the issue by reading this article.
Logitech’s wireless gaming headsets are world-renowned for their quality. G935 is one of them. However, several consumers have recently claimed that their Logitech G935 mic is not working for unknown reasons.
If, like all these individuals, you are also asking, “why is my Logitech G935 mic not working” and wish to fix it, this post is for you.
This article contains an in-depth analysis of the Microphone not working for G935 issue and the most effective solutions. Let’s start by identifying the root causes of the problem.[lwptoc]
Why Is Logitech G935 Mic Not Working
The following are some causes for your Logitech Headset Mic Not Working on Windows PC.
- Windows don’t have access to the microphone
- Logitech G935 isn’t your default mic
- The microphone is disabled
- Incorrect or out-of-date audio driver
- Unresolved hardware issues
The issues above may have occurred with your Logitech G935 mic. Let’s now discover how to fix it if the Logitech G935 mic not working on Windows.
Fix: Logitech G935 Mic Not Working on PC
You may apply the following fixes to fix the Logitech G935 mic not working PC issue.
Fix 1: Give Windows microphone access
Windows need to have the necessary rights to access the microphone. Your Logitech G935 wireless mic may not work on a Windows PC if specific authorizations are missing. Therefore, the following outlines how to grant the appropriate authorization to fix the issue.
- Choose Start from the lower left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the gear, i.e, settings icon.
- Afterward, select Privacy from the menu on your screen.
- Select Microphone from app permissions.
- Now choose Change and turn on the microphone on this device.
- Allow apps access to your microphone.
- Check whether the above process helped you to resolve the Logitech G935 mic not working problem or not.
Fix 2: Ensure the microphone isn’t disabled and set it as default
Logitech G935 Mic not working Discord: If the Discord Logitech G935 mic is not disabled or set as the default device, it may not function. Follow the procedures below to enable and establish it as the default.
- Use the Windows & R keys in combination to open the Run utility.
- Enter Control to open it, then hit OK/Enter.
- Change the view of the Control Panel to Large icons.
- Select Sound from the on-screen menu.
- Select Recording from the main menu, then click the space within the Sound window and select the Show Disabled Devices option.
- Right-click the Headset Microphone and select the Enable option from the context menu.
- After enabling the microphone, right-tap on it and select the option to set it as the default.
- Select the Properties option by right-clicking the microphone.
- After that, drag the volume slider present under the Levels tab to the maximum value.
- Tap OK to make the changes applicable to your microphone.
- Confirm whether the issue has been resolved or whether the Logitech G935 gaming headset microphone is not functioning.
Fix 3: Update your device’s audio driver (Recommended)
Outdated drivers are one of the most prevalent causes of difficulties, like the Logitech G935 microphone not working after being muted. Consequently, updating the drivers is a highly suggested solution for the issue.
Updating drivers takes only a few seconds using a specialized program like Bit Driver Updater. In addition, bit Driver Updater requires only one click to automatically download and install the most recent driver updates.
In addition, the Bit Driver Updater software provides users with many helpful options. Among these are the development and restoration of driver backups, the acceleration of download speeds, and the scheduling of scans.
Following is a link to the Bit Driver Updater software download page, where you may have access to the same.
Within a few seconds of software download and installation, the screen displays a list of all outdated drivers. Then, all you’ve to do is select the Update All tab.
You may update the audio driver alone if you desire to do so using the Update Now tool. However, the expert recommends updating all drivers to prevent all computer problems.
Fix 4: Check your computer or headset for hardware issues
Your computer/headset hardware may blame you for difficulties such as the Logitech G935 mic not working on your PC. Therefore, you should perform the actions below to correct it.
- Connect the headset to the other port on your computer.
- Connect the headset to a different computer if changing the port did not resolve the issue with the Logitech G935 mic not working.
- If the microphone begins to work after connecting to another computer, you must seek professional assistance to repair your original computer.
Fix 5: Update your computer’s operating system
Operating system updates fix almost all common issues, like the Logitech G935 mic not working. Therefore, you may update the OS to eliminate the issue. Below stated are the steps to do it.
- Simply launch the settings panel on your desktop.
- Open the setting called Update & Security.
- Next, check for updates to your Windows operating system.
- Download and Install the update suggested for your system.
- Now, restart your computer to complete the above process.
Fix 6: Perform sound troubleshooting
Your computer provides a troubleshooting mechanism for audio difficulties, such as the Logitech G935 gaming headset mic not working. How to use it to remedy the issue you are facing is outlined below.
1. Right-tap on the speaker icon at the taskbar’s bottom right corner.
2. Select the option to Troubleshoot sound problems.
3. Follow the instructions to finish the troubleshooting process.
Fix 7: Remove & insert the battery again
Removing and reinserting the battery is also one technique to address the random issues causing the Logitech G935 mic not working problem. Below are the instructions you can take to complete the task.
ALSO SEE: Arrow Keys Not Working in Excel
- Remove the side plate from the right earcup.
- Activate the headset to use any latent charge if present.
- Replace the battery and charge the headset once more.
The Bottom lines
You can begin troubleshooting the Logitech G935 mic not working on Windows PC by applying the first solution and then moving on to the subsequent solutions until the problem is fixed.
However, if you find it difficult to attempt each method, you can save time and effort by updating all old drivers with Bit Driver Updater.
We’ll soon come up with another technical guide. Until then, you may use the other articles on this blog to assist you in resolving other technological challenges. Moreover, you can contact us using the comments area if you have any issues, questions, or concerns.