Well, If you want to ride one of the many beasts in the world of Minecraft, you’ll need a saddle. And if you’ve been scouring the internet for a crafting recipe to make a saddle, you might be in for a rude awakening.
The truth is that you can no longer make a saddle in Minecraft. This may find as a surprise to veteran players, but Mojang has decided to remove this feature.
Saddles, on the other hand, can be found in a variety of locations throughout the Minecraft world. Continue reading to find more about how to find a saddle and the best places to look.
Solution – How To Make A Saddle In Minecraft
As previously stated, you cannot craft a saddle in Minecraft.
It is not a matter of not having the necessary resources or equipment. Minecraft does not allow players to craft them, and there is no recipe in the game even to try. However, not all is lost. While exploring the vast world, a player can obtain a saddle in a variety of ways.
Generated Saddle Locations
World exploration is one of the simplest ways to find a saddle in Minecraft. They are generated in chests located throughout the game. You simply have to be patient enough to find one.
According to Gamepedia’s Minecraft saddle entry, the following are the chances of finding saddles in various locations:
- Village – Weaponsmith’s chest (16.2%), Tanner’s chest (17.3%), Chest in Savanna house (11.3%)
- Dungeon – chest (28.3)
- Stronghold – Alter chest (2.5%)
- Desert Temple – chest (23.5%)
- Nether Fortress – chest (35.3%)
- Village – Weaponsmith’s chest (16.2%), Tanner’s chest (17.3%), Chest in Savannah house (11.3%)
- Dungeon – chest (28.3%)
- Jungle Temple – chest (12.8%)
- Nether Fortress – chest (35.3%)
- End City – chest (13.3%)
The percentages only show the likelihood of finding a saddle in specific locations; however, these are not the only places to find saddles. If you’re looking for a saddle, you should make sure you clear each new area and open all the chests before moving on. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to predict when one will spawn.
Trading With Villagers
If you’re looking for a saddle, you could try trading with the villagers. For example, you have a 50% chance of obtaining a saddle for six emeralds from master-level leatherworkers if you are on the Bedrock Edition. However, if you’re using Java Edition, you don’t have these limitations because this trade is always available.
You can also obtain a saddle by fishing in the game. The chances are only 0.8 percent, but you can improve your chances of finding this “treasure” by using fishing rod enchantments.
Known Saddle Drops
Although saddle drops are uncommon in Minecraft, they do occur when certain conditions are met. Consider the following saddle drop scenarios:
- Well, If a zombified piglin spawns riding a strider, there’s an 8.5% chance that the saddle may drop. That chance increases with your Looting level. Each Looting level corresponds to an extra 1% increase in your chances of looting a saddle.
- So you don’t lose your inventory. Anything you equip with a saddle drops the saddle when they die.
- Also, Spawned ravagers with an equipped saddle drop the saddle when they die. The looting level does not affect drop rates in this case.
- If you saddle a pig to ride it, you can only get the saddle to drop by killing it. It does not automatically return to your inventory when you’re no longer riding the pig.
Solution – How To Make A Saddle In Minecraft Survival
Three of the above-mentioned methods for obtaining a saddle are available to players in survival mode. This includes the following:
- Catching a treasure/saddle while fishing.
- Finding a chest in a dungeon.
- Finding a chest in a Nether fortress.
Finding a saddle at these locations, as in other versions of Minecraft, is purely a matter of chance. Because they do not always generate the first time, you may have to return several times before you get a saddle.
Solution – How To Make A Saddle In Minecraft 1.16/1.16.4
Although you cannot craft a saddle in Minecraft versions 1.16/1.16.4, you can find them in the world. Depending on where you’re on the map, your chances of finding a generated saddle chest increase.
For Bedrock Edition games, Nether fortresses have the highest drop rate at 35.3 percent, while Stronghold altar chests only have a 2.4 percent chance of dropping a saddle.
While fishing in the game, you may find across saddles as “treasures.” However, without rod enchantments, the drop chance is only 0.8 percent.
Also, Check :
Well, Equine mob riding is a popular and sometimes ridiculous way to get around the Minecraft world. Regrettably, the developers have disabled the ability to craft your own saddles. So instead, you must rely on Lady Luck as you explore your map.
However, the odds of saddle spawns are constantly changing at Mojang Studios. So, before you spend time looking for a saddle, make sure to check the most recent update changes. When in doubt, look for a ravager. Saddled riders always drop their saddle when they die. What is your preferred method of obtaining a saddle in Minecraft? Please share your experience in the comments section below.