If you cannot start a program as an administrator because this option is unavailable, you can resolve the Run as Administrator Not Showing issue by following the steps below.
You may need to give apps and tools like Command Prompt administrative privileges to perform some functions smoothly. However, things may appear dire if your computer is not showing the Run as administrator Windows 10 option.
Are you also afflicted by the problem when you attempt to start an app as an administrator, yet this option is unavailable? If so, you should read this post carefully to resolve the no run as administrator option Windows 11 issue.
This article offers the most effective solutions to the Administrative problems on Windows 11. However, before detailing the answers, let’s examine why the Run as administrator not showing on Windows 11, 10, and 7 to facilitate troubleshooting.[lwptoc]
Why Is Run As Administrator Not Working
The following are some possibilities the Run as administrator prompt not appearing on Windows 11, 10, and 7.
- User Account Control was disabled accidentally.
- Malware infections
- Presence of unnecessary context menu items
- Your user account isn’t a member of the administrative group.
- Corrupted system files
- An incompatible or problematic software
- Issues with a service running on your PC
The causes of the Run this program as an administrator not showing on Windows 7, 10, and 11 were discussed previously. Let us now concentrate on the solutions.
Fix: Run as Administrator Not Working in Windows 11,10,7
Use the following tried-and-true workarounds to eliminate Run as administrator not showing errors on Windows 11, 10, and 7.
Fix 1: Enable User Account Control
The Run as administrator not showing problem on Windows 10 may occur if the User Account Control (UAC) is inadvertently disabled. You should thus check and enable UAC on your computer to resolve the issue. Below is a thorough description of how to do it.
- Click the Start/Windows icon with the right mouse button and select Control Panel from the available options.
- Go to the User Accounts and choose Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Tap on the option that lets you enable UAC on Windows.
Fix 2: Check & repair the system files
Many bothersome issues are caused by corrupted system files, including the absence of the Windows 11 Run as administrator not showing. Therefore, you can use the following procedures to repair files on your computer.
- Launch the Task Manager by using the Ctrl+Shift+Esc hotkey.
- Go to the File Menu and Run a new task.
- Input Cmd, checkmark the box to create this task with administrative privileges, then hit the Enter key to launch the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Next, type the sfc /scannow command in the window on your screen and press the Enter button on your keyboard to execute it.
- After Windows finds the corrupt files & repairs them, restart your device.
- Afterward, check whether the problem is fixed or if the Run as administrator Not Showing.
Fix 3: Declutter the context menu
A cluttered context menu may also result in irritating issues that prevent the Run as administrator not showing on Windows 11/10/7. Consequently, clearing the context menu or eliminating unneeded items may allow you to regain the ability to execute programs with administrative privileges. In addition, you may employ the most effective context menu editors for the required tasks.
Fix 4: Clean boot your computer
Some third-party services may prevent your computer is not showing the Run as administrator option while attempting to launch an app. Your device may be fixed if you perform a clean boot. You may implement this correction by following these instructions.
- Input MSConfig in the search bar and press Enter to launch the System Configuration window.
- Go to the General tab, then choose Selective Startup.
- Now, remove the checkmark from the Load Startup Items box.
- Navigate to the Services tab & Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Select Apply, then select OK to make the changes.
- Restart your PC to boot the device in a clean state.
- After restarting the computer, disable each service one by one until you identify the malfunctioning service (the one because of which the Run as administrator not showing).
- To resolve the issue, re-enable all services (excluding the problematic one) after identifying the affected service.
Fix 5: Scan for malware
Malware infections are also among the most commonly reported reasons for Run as administrator not showing Windows 10 issue. Therefore, you can search for malware using the most effective antimalware software to resolve the issue.
Fix 6: Make a new user account
Occasionally, the normal account does not permit the execution of a program as the administrator. Please establish a new user account by following the instructions below to resolve this Run as administrator option not working or missing in Windows 11/10 issue.
- Using the hotkey Windows+I, launch the Settings.
- Select Accounts from the options on your screen.
- Go to the Family, and other people option, then add someone else to this PC.
- Please select the I don’t have this person’s sign-in info option and add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Input the new account’s username and password.
- Select Next to finish the account creation process.
- After the above process completes, check whether Run as Administrator is Showing.
Fix 7: Make a change in group membership
Your computer may not show Run as administrator on Windows 11/10/7 if your user account isn’t a part of the administrator’s group. Hence, you may alter the group membership using the following procedures to solve the Run as Administrator Option not Showing up on Windows 11 problem.
- Input netplwiz in the search bar and click on the result to open it.
- Select your user account and select the Properties button.
- Navigate to the Group Membership tab and select the Administrator option.
- Select Apply and OK to make the changed membership effective.
Fix 8: Uninstall the problematic third-party software
If Windows 11 Run as administrator not showing after installing a particular program, uninstalling it may fix this problem. You may follow these easy steps to uninstall the software.
- Right-tap the Start button and choose Apps and Features from the options on your screen.
- Tap on the recently installed problematic software and choose the Uninstall button.
- Complete the uninstallation to resolve the Run as administrator not showing Windows 7 problem.
Run as Administrator Not Showing: Fixed
This article instructed you and our other readers on how to resolve the issue where the Windows 7 Run as administrator not working or showing up. You may begin with the first remedy and continue to try each one until the issue is resolved.
Do you know of any additional successful solutions to the Run as administrator not showing on Windows 11/10/7? If so, please include them in the below comments section. You may also submit any additional questions or comments on this post.