Aside from being a useful app for identifying callers and preventing spam calls, Truecaller has gained notoriety for a few privacy concerns and has allegedly been compromised by fraudsters into a phone directory. To protect their privacy and stop unauthorized individuals from accessing unlist their phone numbers, many Truecaller app users are taking action in response to this concern. This article will examine ways to unlist your mobile number from the Truecaller database.
How Truecaller Adds Your Phone Number To Their Database?
By using a comprehensive database comprising phone numbers and offender profiles, Truecaller can deliver real-time identification of incoming calls and messages. The app thoroughly examines its numbers database whenever someone searches for your number on Truecaller. The app will display your name and other pertinent information if your number is found in that database. Most users who signed up for Truecaller will have their data added to the Truecaller database, making it searchable by name or number. Suppose a friend or family member uses Truecaller and has your contact information stored on their mobile device. In that case, data without a Truecaller account can also be added to the Truecaller database.
This is the greatest privacy concern for an average user who wishes to be listed on something other than the Truecaller app. You can have your mobile number removed from the database. You can unlist your mobile number from the Truecaller app’s database in several ways. Users without an active Truecaller caller account can unlist their number directly from the Truecaller website. Before unlisting your number, you must deactivate your Truecaller account within the app if you have an active account.
How To Deactivate Truecaller Account To Unlist Mobile Number?
Truecaller allows you to effortlessly eliminate your number by deactivating your account. To deactivate your account, proceed with the steps outlined below. You will need to explicitly opt out of listing your number in the app’s preferences if you want to continue using Truecaller but do not want your number listed.
Deactivating Truecaller On Android
- Open the Truecaller app on your smartphone. It is imperative to use the most recent iteration of the Truecaller app.
- Go to Settings by selecting the menu with three dots.
- Enter the Privacy Center by scrolling down and tapping.
- To deactivate your Truecaller account, select Deactivate. Twice, you will be required to confirm the action. To confirm the actions, select “Yes.”
- Your phone number may automatically be listed again if you reactivate Truecaller after unlisting it. This means that your identity and any other information associated with your phone number may be visible to other Truecaller users.
Deactivating Truecaller On iOS
- On an iPhone, launch the Truecaller app.
- At the bottom-right corner of the app’s interface, locate and tap the “More” button.
- “Settings” should be selected from the selection of available options.
- To access the Privacy Center, raise your cursor from the bottom right corner of the display.
- You will be presented with two options after tapping “Deactivate Account”: “Keep My Data” or “Delete My Data.” To delete all information associated with your Truecaller account, select “Delete My Data.”
- To deactivate your Truecaller account, tap “Deactivate Account” at the bottom.
How To Unlist Phone Number From Truecaller Website?
If your number remains listed on Truecaller despite not being a Truecaller user, you can unlist it effortlessly through the dedicated Truecaller unlist page. This can be accomplished using a smartphone, computer, or iPad.
- Navigate to https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting in your web browser.
- After reaching the bottom, navigate to the Unlist section. Conversely, select the “No, I wish to unlist” button.
- Enter the mobile number, including the country code, in the text field. For instance, (+9170xxxxx89).
- By entering the CAPTCHA, you must ensure you are not an automaton.
- The Unlist button should now be clicked.
- You’ll receive a message stating that you are a Truecaller user if your Truecaller account is still active. To deactivate your account, navigate to the Privacy Center tab in the app’s Settings menu, then tap “Deactivate account.” Before unlisting your number on Truecaller, you must deactivate your exact account. Follow the instructions above to deactivate your account.
- Enter the OTP sent to the mobile number and then click Unlist.
- Your Phone Number Was Unlisted, You Will Receive A Confirmation Message.
You should delay 24 to 48 hours after completing all the required steps before rechecking the Truecaller database to see if your phone number is still listed. It should be noted that the complete removal of your number from their database may require a maximum of 30 days after unlisting it from Truecaller. This means that your number may continue to appear in search results and/or caller ID information for other Truecaller users during this time.
Verify That Your Telephone Number Is Listed On The Truecaller App
There are various ways to check if your phone number is listed on Truecaller. The most practical and direct approach is using the official Truecaller agent on Telegram. Suppose you don’t have a Telegram account. In that case, you can attempt other options, such as verifying your number directly on the Truecaller app from a friend who is an active Truecaller user or using the official Truecaller website, which requires account creation.
- Search for the official Truecaller app within the Telegram app on your phone.
- Tap and then click Start on the automaton.
- Input the mobile number into the Truecaller database to search.
- The app will display your identity and the SIM provider you use if your phone number is still listed on Truecaller.
- You will receive a message stating “Details not found” if your number is delisted or unavailable in the Truecaller database.
After unlist your phone number from Truecaller, guarantee that the Truecaller app is removed from your mobile device.
Advantages Of Unlisting Your Number On Truecaller
As personal information is shared more frequently online and via mobile apps in the current digital era, it has become critical to implement safeguards to protect your data. Unlisting your phone number from Truecaller is a practical way to regain control over your data and make sensitive information, such as your mobile number, inaccessible. There are numerous Truecaller benefits to unlisting your phone number for privacy.
You should always maintain the secrecy of your mobile number, as it is the most vital piece of personal information. Limiting the likelihood of unsolicited contact or monitoring can be achieved by safeguarding personal information by removing the number from services such as Truecaller. Please share this article with others who may want to unlist their mobile numbers from Truecaller if you found it helpful. You can assist others in taking control of their personal information and protecting their privacy by disclosing this information to them.