Fixing the Xbox Remote Play not working issue is simple. This article describes the most effective methods.
Remote Play is a feature that allows flexible and convenient control of Xbox gameplay. However, numerous users have noticed that the Xbox Remote Play needs to be fixed.
If you’re experiencing a similar situation, read this article from beginning to end with complete focus.
This article introduces you to tried-and-true methods for resolving the Xbox Remote Play not working issue.
However, before considering the solutions, it is advantageous to discuss the sources of the problem. Then, correcting the problem without comprehending what may have been created will be easy. Let’s, therefore, discuss the same.[lwptoc]
Why is Xbox Remote Play Not Working
The following may be the causes of your Xbox Remote Play not working on your PC.
- You’re trying to connect multiple controllers to the console.
- Xbox One controller battery issues
- Your Xbox controller isn’t in the range.
- There are obstructions between the controller & console.
- Outdated Xbox controller firmware
Those above were the leading causes of the Xbox Remote Play not working 2022 issue. So let’s begin troubleshooting immediately.
Fixes for Xbox Remote Play Controller Not Working
You may apply these workarounds to get rid of the Xbox Remote Play not working problem.
Fix 1: Disconnect console from other controllers
If many controllers are connected to your console, Remote Play may not work. It is because remote Play only supports a single connection at a time. Additionally, the Xbox supports no more than eight controllers concurrently. Therefore, you may need to detach some controllers from the console to resolve Remote Play difficulties. Following is the proper procedure.
- Hit and hold the Xbox button of the controller you wish to disconnect.
- Choose the option to Turn the Controller Off from the menu that appears.
- Connect the controller you wish to use.
Fix 2: Make sure the batteries aren’t dead
The batteries may be at fault if your Xbox controller is not working. Ensure they are alive and high enough to resolve the Xbox Remote Play Not Working issue. Follow these instructions to complete the task.
- Remove the controller’s back cover.
- Replace dead cells with a fresh set of AA batteries.
- Now, apply the back cover again.
- Hit the Xbox button to navigate to the Home menu.
- Watch the battery status from the upper right corner to ensure the batteries are entirely charged.
Fix 3: Shorten distance between your controller and console
Xbox Remote Play connection troubles may arise if your console and controller are too far apart. Even wireless controllers have range limitations beyond which the signal degrades, or connections become poor.
Therefore, it’s recommended that you keep the console and controller at a distance of 19-28 feet from each other.
Fix 4: Remove obstructions between the console & controller
Objects like computers, cell phones, and metal shelving impede your controller and console connection. And this results in issues like Xbox Remote Play not connecting.
Therefore, you must eliminate these obstructions between your console and controller.
Fix 5: Update firmware of your Xbox controller
If your controller does not receive frequent firmware updates, you may encounter issues such as the inability to use Xbox Remote Play. Therefore, to resolve these issues, you must update your controller’s firmware. The following are the steps required to complete the task.
- Hit the Xbox button.
- Navigate to the Profile & System option.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Devices & Connections.
- Select Accessories.
- Afterward, select the Controller.
- Next, choose the three-dot button.
- Go to the Firmware version.
- Tap on the Update Now button.
- After the update process finishes, select Close.
We have already examined how to resolve the Xbox Remote Play not working black screen issue. Now, let’s address some often asked questions regarding the same topic.
ALSO SEE: Fix Netflix Keeps Buffering
Below, we address the vast majority of queries you and our other readers may have regarding the resolution of the Remote Play controller not working issue.
How to reconnect my Xbox controller after Remote Play?
After using Remote Play, you can connect the controller to Xbox using the methods below.
- Hold console’s power button for approximately 10 sec to turn it off.
- Unplug console for over 5 minutes.
- Hit the power button on your console to turn it on.
- Next, pair the console to the controller.
Can you use Xbox controller on Remote Play?
The Xbox controller supports Remote Play, much to your delight. As a result, it can be used without difficulty.
Can I play Xbox Remote Play without a controller?
Yes, Xbox Remote Play may be played without a controller. However, you’ll only have access to some features with a controller.
Xbox Remote Play Not Working: Fixed
This post introduces you to the solutions for the Xbox Remote Play not working issue. Try the solutions above in order till the problem is addressed.
If you know more solutions to the Xbox Remote Play not connecting issue or have other suggestions, please contact us in the comments area.