Today’s post is regarding how you can cure a zombie villager in Minecraft. Have you ever come across a zombie village or seen a baby zombie villager riding around on a chicken? That sounds like a lot of fun.
However, it can be extremely aggravating when your own employees transform into zombie villagers. This can happen when regular zombies attack your villagers, and the difficulty settings affect how frequently the zombification occurs.
On Hard, every villager killed by a zombie will turn into one of the undead, whereas on Easy, this will never happen. Even if you play on Easy, zombie villagers roam the wild, waiting for you to come across them.
If you want to return your villagers to their normal state and resume business as usual, there is a simple solution that works across all platforms.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft
In Minecraft, there are two critical steps to curing a zombie villager:
To begin, ensure that the villagers are suffering from the Weakness effect. You can accomplish this in a variety of ways, including:
- The simplest way to transform a zombie villager is to use a Weakness splash potion. You can either administer the potion to the villager yourself or have a Witch do so for you. Because of their limited spawning, it is more difficult to get Witches to interact with villagers, but you may come across one in the Overworld.
- Keep in mind, however, that Witches are the rarest type of monster to appear in any of the game’s biomes. Waiting for lightning to strike near a regular villager is a convenient way to get a Witch near your zombie villagers. This instantly transforms them into Witch. You can also find a witch’s hut.
- A lingering potion of Weakness can be made by brewing a splash potion of Weakness with Dragon’s Breath. If you throw it, it will have an effect on every villager who passes through the area effect cloud.
- Creepers can also be useful, as a creeper explosion creates an area of effect similar to a lingering potion. But be cautious because dealing with creepers can be extremely dangerous, especially within your settlement.
- Finally, you could make a tipped arrow by combining an arrow with a lingering Weakness potion. Here, If you use this method, keep in mind that a tipped arrow still does damage, so make sure your zombie villager isn’t dying before shooting them.
- Also, the effect on tipped arrows lasts only one-eighth as long as the potion, so you’ll have to act quickly.
The second step in curing a zombie villager is to use a golden apple on them while they are weak. Remember to use the apple on the villager rather than throwing it at them.
They will shake and emit red particles once they are under the influence. Wait two to five minutes for the transformation to be completed. After the required amount of time, you should have a normal, living villager again.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft On Xbox
Follow these steps to cure a zombie villager if you’re playing on Xbox:
- First, open your inventory and equip the splash potion.
- Next, Use the LT button and throw the potion.
- Then, Equip the golden apple from your inventory.
- Next, Use it on the villager by pressing the LT button.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft On PS4
Here’s how to use a splash potion to cure a zombie villager in the PS4 version of Minecraft:
- First, Equip the splash potion.
- Next, Throw it by pressing the L2 button
- Then, Equip the golden apple.
- Next, press the L2 button to apply the apple on the villager.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft On Switch
To cure a zombie villager in Switch, use the following method:
- First, Equip the splash potion of Weakness.
- Next, press the ZL button and throw the potion at the zombified villager.
- Then, Equip the golden apple.
- Next, Hit the ZL button to apply the apple on the villager.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft On PC
Even if you have multiple versions of Minecraft installed on your PC, curing a zombie villager works the same way, whether you’re running Java, Education, or Windows 10. You must first apply the Potion of Weakness to the villager by right-clicking on him and then offer the golden apple in the same manner.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft On iPhone, iPad, And Android
The actions required to cure a zombie villager will be relatively simple on any mobile device with a touchscreen. All you have to do is equip the Weakness potion and tap on the villager. Prepare the golden apple and tap/press on the affected villager again once they are under effect.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft On 1.14
The game received a significant update with Minecraft Java Edition 1.14, but the basic mechanics of curing zombie villagers remain the same:
- Equip and throw a splash potion
- Equip and use the golden apple on the villager
With the update, some changes were made to the zombie villagers.
The 1.14 update placed a strong emphasis on villages. Since its release, you may have encountered a single zombie villager rather than encountering them in large numbers in zombie villagers or mobs. Update 1.14 also added a snowy tundra variant to the biomes where zombie villages can spawn, as well as updates to plains, desert, savanna, and taiga villages.
Since the update, cured villagers have kept their trade when they return to their normal form. Villagers who are injured by zombies can now transform into Iron golems even if they survive the attack, which is an unwelcome surprise.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft On 1.15
Java Edition 1.15 retained the majority of the previous edition’s features. The cure for zombie villagers remains the same as it did in 1.14. It entails equipping and using the splash potion on the villager, as well as equipping and using the golden apple on him.
The update addressed many issues and fixed a slew of bugs that had been plaguing players.
Now they drop off any items they’ve taken up before when it comes to Zombie villagers. The feature was always intended to function in this manner, but for some reason, the picked-up items did not drop once the villager was cured.
Furthermore, the 1.15 update fixed some purely visual issues, such as seeing a hand animation while treating villagers.
Solution – How To Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft On Bedrock
The Bedrock Edition is a collection of editions that spans all major gaming platforms.
Despite the new name, the steps for curing zombie villagers are the same as in previous versions. You must first use a splash potion and then the golden apple on the zombie villager.
Bedrock included several changes to their behavior and inventory.
Since Update 0.16, zombie villagers have been able to drop their weapons, but only if they are still holding them. Update 1.0 added a useful mechanic by adding a Cure button. If you hit a zombie villager and approach the village with a weak spot, the button appears. This does not fundamentally alter how you cure villagers, but it does make the process a little easier.
If you want to, you can also multiply zombie villagers using their own spawn eggs after Update 1.2.
Finally, the Bedrock Edition now includes a feature that was previously exclusive to the Bedrock Edition. It changed the clothes of zombie villager Steve to Villager’s clothes. However, as of the 1.9 updates, this feature is no longer exclusive to Bedrock.
Also, Check :
Wrapping Up: Cure A Zombie Villager In Minecraft
You’ll have no trouble keeping your settlement alive and well now that you’ve learned how to revert your zombified villagers to their normal form. Just be wary of roaming zombie hordes and put some safeguards in place. Otherwise, you might run out of golden apples and potions before you’ve cured everyone.
Also, Did you manage to cure a zombie villager? How did your Weakness affect them? In the comments section below, tell us about your zombie-curing experience.